These are from the Office SP1 Whitepaper
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 now presents more accurate presence information and does so with consistent visual cues.
- The icons used to display presence are modified so that users who are red-green colorblind can determine people’s presence status.
- Office Communicator 2007 no longer causes presence icons to flicker when multiple people appear simultaneously.
- Presence information in Office Communicator 2007 and other Microsoft Office applications is consistent in all scenarios (So this applies to SharePoint to).
- Microsoft Office Outlook® 2007 no longer starts in the background along with Office Communicator 2007.
- Office Outlook 2007 no longer allows users to send instant messages to entire distribution lists when deployed in conjunction with Microsoft Office Communicator 2007.
Following are the KB articles referenced in the SP1 xls file
- KB936871 When you sign-in to Communicator, Outlook is started in the background. For example, when you check Task Manager, the Outlook.exe process is running. Additionally, Outlook-related items, such as meeting reminders, may appear.
- KB936871 To check for a missed conversation, you click the "Voice Mail" search folder in Outlook 2007. Or, you click the "Missed Conversation" notification in Microsoft Office Communicator. If you then check for a missed conversation in the same session of Communicator, you receive a notification that states that Outlook could not be started.
- KB937212 When a message is saved as a missed conversation in the Microsoft Office Communicator folder in Outlook 2007, the message indicator for the folder does not indicate a new, unread message.
Find SP1 on Microsoft Update or at the download site.