Event Type: Error
Event Source: Virtual Server
Event Category: (2)
Event ID: 1061
Description: The description for Event ID ( 1061 ) in Source ( Virtual Server ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: po-sql2000.
Not very useful! So I decided to fix the registry to get these events translated correctly. This is how I did that -
- First I looked below HKLM\SYSTEM\CCS\Services\Eventlog\Virtual Server\Virtual Server
- Here I found the pointer for the resource DLL C:\Program Files\Microsoft Virtual Server Trial\Event Log\VirtualServerLogMessages.dll.
- I verified that the file was on my system.
- Having done so, I exported the above key to a .REG file.
- Replaced the first \Virtual Server\ string with \Application\ using notepad.
- Saved the file.
- Loaded it by double-clicking it
This got the messages translated corrected in event viewer -
"po-sql2000" could not be started because there is not enough physical memory or system resources available.
Now I only have to figure out what it means by that - I have 1.5 GB available!