Friday, January 20, 2006

Hibernate - and I mean it!

I have a server for running Virtual Server. The server uses a wireless network card to connect to my home LAN. This gives me a problem as the wireless specifications disallow inserting other MAC adresses. To give my guest OSs internet network access, I'm running Routing and RAS on the host.
This all works fine except one thing: I cannot hibernate my server anymore.
RRAS pops up a message telling me, that it will not allow that-


For a while I have stopped the service, hibernated and remembered to restart the service on resume, but I just found another solution.

Simply write -
shutdown /h /f

The /f ignores RRAS and hibernates right away.

Now, I haven't used this much, so use it at your own risk. There could be a reason for RRAS not supporting hibernation - and if you know it, please share the knowledge.

No comments: